Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SGS vs Excal

I had been saving up for a Saradomin Godsword, currently around 69m, but I was speaking to a few friends about it and they suggested an alternative. The enchanted excalibur.

This weapon has a special attack that boosts defence by 15%, and also heals 200 lifepoints (approx 20%). Below I will list the pro's and con's of using a Excalibur (e) instead of a Saradomin godsword, and hopefully this will help someone else to choose.

Pro's:
  • Costs almost 70m less.
  • Provides a defence bonus so less damage will be taken anyway.
  • Also only takes up one invent space.
  • Is one handed, whereas sgs is two handed, allowing me to carry on using shield.
Con's:
  • Requires Seer's village achievement diary to be 100% completed.
  • Cannot reasonable used as a weapon, as it has the same stats as a rune longsword, whereas the sgs is a very strong weapon on it's own.
  • The healing effect takes around 10 seconds to finish, so can't be used in an emergency.

So I'm going to get the excalibur after this steel dragon task, and I hope it is as good as it sounds.

Also, the dungeoneering gem bag is very useful.