Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Scammy

I was just thinking about what scams I'd fallen for before on Runescape, and decided I might as well post them on here as a sort of record.

Armour Trimming Scam (Long ago)

Finally managed to get full mithril after a generous donation from Sir Slice 889 (or something like that), only to lose it a few days later after somebody said they could trim it for free, thought it sounded good so I went along with it, and I obviously never saw him again. There isn't even such a thing as trimmed mithril...

Money Change Scam (Not that long ago)
I'd been killing green dragons and keeping their hides and bones to sell later on. I'd managed to sell the hides for 1.1k each, so I made 110k which was a lot for me in those days. I was in varrock east bank and a guy called MOJOJO8 offered to buy all 100 for 400k. I was expecting 2.5-3k so I was very excited about the trade. He showed 400k then said I could have some runes too, and added different amounts of different runes. I eagerly clicked "Accept" twice, only to discover it had become 40k...

Probably be updated soon, like next time I get scammed...